To promote contacts between participants, we offer everybody the option
to submit an abstract giving details on the daily work/research
Abstract submission form will be available here soon. For
participants interested to bring a poster we will have poster boards
available. Do not forget to indicate on time you will bring a one so we can reserve a spot for you.
Why to submit an abstract?
Global networking – Discuss your findings with other experts from around the world and meet with your colleagues who are interested in your topic.
Visibility – Your name will be recognized in the e-book programme, website and poster exhibition .
Be Creative – submission allows you to be creative in visually sharing your presentation in a poster.
3 steps to successful abstract submission:
- Save your file with your surname followed by your first name initial, e.g. Julia Lopez abstract would be saved as Lopez J. Please DO NOT name your abstract “NGS abstract”, “abstract” , “brazil abstract” etc.
- EMAIL your abstract as a word file to [genomicatraslacional AT gmail.com] Make sure to include a small cover letter such as “I wish to submit this abstract for the “NGS in Diagnostics Course Sao Paulo 2018“.
- You can expect a reply stating the abstract was received within 3 days. Please do not expect an immediate response, as a human being will answer not a computer automated mail. If you do not receive a reply within these time, please send it again.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Authors of research papers who wish to have their abstracts considered for inclusion in the program book and a space for poster exhibition must submit their abstract having regard to the closing dates. Abstracts submitted after the closing date of 31th August 2018 will not be considered.
- AUTHORS MUST BE FULLY REGISTERED FOR THE MEETING BY 30th September 2018 FOR THEIR ABSTRACT TO APPEAR IN THE PUBLICATIONS. We DO NOT publish abstracts from anyone not fully registered or attending the meeting.
- All abstracts and posters must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be approved by all authors before submission.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Word docx, or doc
- The title of the abstract must be less than 20 words
- The body of the abstract must be concise with less than 250 words.
- The abstract must be split into the following sections:
- Background / introduction
- Use a simple font (e.g., 10-point Arial) for text
- Headings should be bold and 14 point
- Authors in Italics. Please underline the presenting author.
- Please give full addresses of all authors (without titles i.e. Dr etc) after the heading and put in italics.
- Please indicate the name of the corresponding author by an asterisk*.
- The Email of the corresponding author should be included below the addresses.
- Use italics for emphasis
- Do not use field functions
- Please turn OFF your track changes
- DO NOT JUSTIFY the text
- Use tab stops or other commands for indents, not the space bar.
- Include a space when starting a new paragraph
- Please use no more than three levels of displayed headings.
- Abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
- Acknowledgments of people, grants, funds, etc. should be placed in a separate section before the reference list. The names of funding organizations should be written in full.
- Please always use internationally accepted signs and symbols for units, SI units.
- URLs of all databases referenced should be included.
- Do not include diagrams and tables, we cannot print them
- Nomenclature for mutations must follow HGVS guidelines http://varnomen.hgvs.org/
- Nomenclature for genes must follow HGNC guidelines http://www.genenames.org/
Abstract submission for poster presentation is open from 31st of May to 31st of August 2018.
The organizers do not provide any kind of travel support, accommodation nor visa. The presenter has to make his or her own arrangements.